Conquer the day!
Do you agree that as the weather gets cooler it gets harder to leave that warm bed of a morning?
You’re not wrong! But it’s certainly no excuse to skip your daily workout.
Remember that it’s important to train regularly in order to achieve your health and fitness goals and regular gym visits shouldn’t be a seasonal trend.
There are so many benefits to exercising in the morning and it’s guaranteed to set you up for a successful day!
Here’s a few tips to help keep you on track with your morning routine:
- Get your workout clothes out and ready to go the night before
- Only set one alarm and put your phone/alarm clock on the other side of the room
- Hit the ground running. Don’t give yourself time to think about the option of not getting up or waste time scrolling through social media. If you start your day with a defeat and weak self-discipline, this is how the rest of your day will play out.
- Set a timer on your heater to turn on 15 minutes before your alarm is due to go off. You’ll be less hesitant to get out of your warm bed if you’ve already taken the chill out of the air.
- As soon as you’re up, go to the toilet, wash your face, brush your teeth. You’ll feel fresh and ready to tackle your workout. Try and stay out of your bedroom to resist the urge to get back in bed!
- Have a plan! If you already know what you’re going to be doing once you get to the gym it will be one less thing to think about at that hour of the day. Or better yet, if you prefer someone else to do the thinking for you, maybe group fitness is your thing!!
- Mindset plays a big role. Start your day with a positive thought. Rather than telling yourself how tired you are, try telling yourself you are moving closer towards achieving your goals by getting up an hour earlier.
Remember that no one is born a ‘morning person’. If you keep using that as an excuse, you are creating your own reality. It will be tough at first, but once you’ve turned it into a habit and your ‘new normal’ you’ll find it gets easier and might even end up being your favourite part of the day!