It’s all part of the process!
Do you put a lot of time and effort into your workouts but not much thought into your recovery?
Do you wait until you have aches, pains or injuries before you act?
Guaranteed you’re not alone!
Just like your car requires regular servicing and maintenance, so does your body! And to get the most out of your training and prevent injuries, you should have a recovery action plan in place!
Here’s a few things you could do regularly to help service and maintain your body!
– Complete thorough warm ups & cool downs with every workout
– Drink plenty of water!
– Book a regular massage! Aim for once/month
– Stretch the muscles you used at the end of every workout *See our static stretching guide here*
– Regularly use the foam roller/therapy ball *See our foam rolling guide here*
– Have rest days (This can include active recovery such as light walks etc)
– Book in with a trainer to check/correct your exercise technique
– Sleep! Aim for 6-8 hours every night
– If you have reoccurring aches and pains, book in to see a physiotherapist or chiropractor!