NEW CLASS COMING SOON!
We are currently reviewing our group fitness timetable in preparation for the GROUP ACTIVE introduction. Starting dates and times to be announced soon!
In the meantime, read on and find out what it’s all about.
Our new Group Active class will give you all the fitness training you need – cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility – in just one hour. Get stronger, fitter, and healthier with inspiring music, adjustable dumbbells, weight plates, body weight, and simple athletic movements. ACTIVATE YOUR LIFE!
WHAT WILL I DO?
In 60 minutes you’ll do it all: cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility! This will be achieved over 11 tracks, each with a specific focus. Each track has motivating music to guide you through your workout:
1. Cardio Warm-Up – Get’s you loose, warm, and ready to go for the workout with some basic, simple movements.
2.Cardio Basics – The cardio work starts to build and sweat starts to drip as we step up and down on The STEP to increase heart rate.
3.Cardio Intervals – Two words… lunges and legs! Cardio training goes up another notch with interval training mixed in to focus on lower body strength.
4.Cardio Peak – 20 minutes if cardio training finishes off with a bang in this high-energy track making use of athletic step movements.
5.Active Recovery – Simple movements bring your heart rate down and get you ready for strength training.
6.Back & Legs – Time to grab the dumbbells. Exercises like Deadrows, Reverse Flys, Lunges, and Squats are performed to make you stand taller and stronger!
7.Chest – Now we move to the front of the body with dumbbell exercises, such as Chest Presses, Chest Flys, and even a few Push-ups!
8.Arms – Finish off the upper body using small muscle group exercises, such as Bicep Curls, Tricep Presses, Tricep Extensions, and Shoulder Presses. Your arms will be leaner and stronger.
9.Balance – Focuses on improving your balance to assist in your coordination, athleticism, and posture – It will make you smile!
10.Core – The final strength track ensures your core muscles are strong so you can do more…and so your abs look great!
11.Flexibility – Stretching ensures flexibility and recovery, so you’ll be ready for your next Group Active class!
IS IT FOR ME?
Group Active is perfect for:
• Anyone that is new to exercise or that has not exercised in a long time
• Those that are just unsure of where to begin with exercise
• Infrequent exercisers that want a well rounded workout.
• Individuals with busy schedules that need a comprehensive, time-efficient workout.
• The experienced exerciser that wants to be able to work hard and do it all in one hour.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO IT?
Group Active is designed to be done one to three times per week. You should allow your body at least 24 hours between workouts so that your muscles can recover and become stronger.
Remember that your first class only happens once. After attending Group Active three times, you will get into the rhythm of things and should feel like a pro. These tips will ensure your success in your first few classes:
• Wear comfortable workout clothing and comfortable athletic shoes
• Bring a towel and water bottle
• Arrive 15 minutes before class and introduce yourself to the instructor. The instructor will help you set up your equipment and answer any questions you may have to help put you at ease.
• Stand close to the center of the room so you can see the instructor clearly. Have a couple of other participants in front of you because they can help provide visual information about the movements.
• Your instructor will coach you and include exercise options to ensure your success.
• Speak with the instructor at the end of class to ask questions and to check in about your experience.
HOW WILL I FEEL?
You may feel apprehensive or nervous before your first class. No one likes to be “new” at anything. Group Active instructors are trained to help you feel successful, so be sure to let them know you are new to class.
During the first few classes, you may feel awkward and even uncoordinated at times. After this, you will feel more comfortable because you will be familiar with the class format, terminology, exercises, and equipment. Start with light weights and the 4″ STEP platform with no additional risers. Be prepared to get warm and to break a sweat. As you become more confident, you’ll be able to increase intensity of the workout to suit your specific needs.
After class you will feel a sense of success from getting your first class under your belt. It is important to know that you may be sore for several days afterwards because your body is adjusting to the new demands on your muscles. This is perfectly normal. Enjoy the sore muscles; you earned them!