With our July 17 quarterly group fitness classes currently in full swing, we are learning how exercise can make us GROW YOUNGER!
As mentioned in our July 17 newsletter, studies have proven to show that aerobic exercise, as well as resistance training can have a huge impact on reversing the expression of genes associated with the aging process of muscles!
Here’s a few other benefits we receive from participating in physical activity:
- Increases life expectancy
- Decreases the risk in chronic diseases such as diabetes
- Increases cardiovascular function
- Increases muscular strength and lean muscle mass
- Increases metabolism
- Increases brain function
- Increases joint movement and flexibility
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety
- Lowers blood pressure
- Boosts energy levels
Check out a few of the interesting facts and figures from the ‘Grow Younger’ campaign below, as well as some of our active participants striking their version of a GROW YOUNGER power pose!